Essential Oils - Safety Guidelines
Our essential oils are high quality products and sourced from reputable suppliers.
If you have a serious health condition or are taking medication, you should discuss the use of essential oils with your GP.
Remember : If you are unsure whether a product is suitable for use DON’T USE IT or seek professional/medical advice before use.
Below is a list of general safety guidelines that should be observed when using our essential oils range and carrier oils. (This list is not exhaustive).
1) Keep out of reach of unattended children, pets and anyone with special needs. Always ensure the integral dropper is in place as this acts as a guard against over consumption should the product fall into the wrong hands. Special care should be taken if using oils in the presence of pets, especially cats.
2) Certain oils may cause skin sensitivity or adverse reaction in some individuals. Discontinue use immediately if this occurs. If susceptible to this kind of reaction it is always best to do a patch test before use on a larger area.
3) Do not take essential oils internally
4) Keep products away from delicate eye areas. If an accident occurs with neat essential oil flush the eyes with cold full fat milk or vegetable oil to dilute. If an accident occurs with a diluted oil flush with clean warm water. If stinging is still present seek immediate medical advice.
5) If you are pregnant, suffer from epilepsy, high/low blood pressure or any other specific condition please seek medical advice before using any of our products. Care must also be taken with certain oils (especially citrus oils) allow a few hours before exposure to direct sunlight.
6) Do not use machinery or drive a motor vehicle immediately following a relaxation treatment especially after using soporific oils e.g. jasmine, lavender, clary sage, sweet marjoram, neroli etc.
7) Try to regulate the use of any essential oil as constant use over time may in isolated cases cause sensitisation, nausea or headaches.
8) Keep products away from plastics, polished surfaces and all naked flames or sources of ignition.
9) The information above provides basic guidelines for when the oils are being used for aromatherapy / skin use.
DISCLAIMER: - The above information is provided as a guide only. Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that the above information is accurate and up to date Boho Esprit accept no liability in respect of any omission or error in the information provided. The buyer should always satisfy themselves as to the ultimate suitability for an intended application.
Boho Esprit accepts no liability in the unlikely event of an adverse reaction occurring when using one of its products. No liability is accepted in respect of any reputed therapeutic characteristic.